My iPhone has replaced/displaced a lot of gadgets and habits in my life, one of them being listening to the BBC Radio 4 Today programme in the mornings on a small radio that I carried with me as I shuffled around the house getting ready to go to work.
As I couldn’t get the live feed over the web, listening to podcasts on the iPhone speakers kind of took over from that. All well and good, but I’ve always missed the Today programme.
So I’m delighted to have found a way to listen live again. Here’s how:
- Download the free FStream application (search “fstream” on the iTunes store. It’s a French app, but don’t lt the language put you off if you don’t speak it.
- Copy one of the following URLs from bbcstreams.com (bizarrely I couldn’t do it from that website on the iPhone, hence replicating them here).
- Open Fstream and tap on “Favorites” then “Edit” then “Add new webradio”.
- Add the name of the station, paste the URL in the appropriate box and ut MP3 in the format box (the bitrate is 128 but I don’t tink you need to fill that bit in).
- Stream happily for a few days and if you love it then go to the donation link in FStream (More/Donate) – NB: bbcstreams.com also survives on donations, so maybe split your donation if you really love it.
There you go…